Easter is just around the corner and cupcakes are a perfect alternative to traditional chocolate Easter eggs.
This is a great opportunity to drum up extra business and pull in more customers. The key? Making sure everyone knows that you are offering special Easter cupcakes!
It’s no big secret, if you don’t get the word out, people won’t know and it may not even cross their mind to think to order some delicious cupcakes for Easter instead. The more people that know about your Easter cupcakes and your business, the higher the chance of getting some orders coming in. It’s as simple as that.
Our top 5 decorations for special Easter cupcakes
To make your Easter cupcakes really special, invest in icing cutters, sprinkles and dyes which are suited to this occasion.
There are lots of ways to decorate cupcakes for Easter and here’s our top 5 favourites, have a look at the photo further down this post and you’ll see what your cupcakes could look like using these decorating ideas:
- Grass piping nozzle
- Bunny icing cutter
- Icing flowers
- Edible metallic sugar balls
- Mini eggs
Remember practice makes perfect, so practice using these decorating techniques well in advance ready for when the orders start to come in. This will mean that you’re not trying to learn how to use them at the last minute, giving you the best results to keep your customers very happy.
Chocoholic Easter cupcake recipes
Stay with the chocoholic theme of Easter by offering cupcakes with high amounts of chocolate.
A box of cupcakes filled with flavours like double chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate & vanilla and cupcakes with chocolate spread hidden inside will go down a treat!
You could offer a box of specific flavours for Easter or let your customer choose exactly what they would like to order, which ever you find easiest, it will all depend on how busy you are in the kitchen!
How to make sure you’ve done as much as you can to promote your Easter cupcakes.
Here are some tips to make sure you have plenty of orders for Easter.
- Tell all of your fans and followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat that you will have Easter cupcakes available to order, no matter how many fans or followers you have, make sure they know.
- Let them that you’re working on ideas for fantastic Easter cupcakes to build up anticipation, upload photos and video which can be shared on social media. It’s really important that everyone knows that you’re offering something special, reach as many people as possible!
- Bake and decorate some Easter cupcakes to take photographs of. If your customers can get an idea of what it is they will be buying there’s a much higher chance that they’ll buy from you.
- Yes it may take an extra hour or 2 to do but it will be worth it and it’s also good practice for when your business grows, as this technique WILL work when you have a larger fan / customer base.
- If you have an advertising budget consider advertising in the local news paper.
- Take out a Google Adwords campaign targeting people in your local area. This is where a photo of your Easter cupcakes would really help boost sales and interest in your business. An advertising campaign combined with a photo will do much better than one without.
- Use Facebook Ads to target people in your delivery area that will be interested in ordering cakes from you.
- Let your current customers know that you are offering Easter cupcakes. You could get some leaflets quickly designed and printed which could be handed out with each order and also posted through to your customers neighbours houses. Put them up in local shops too. Make sure everybody knows!
- If you’ve read through our “Promote Yourself” page you’ll know how important it is to have a website set up. This is a perfect way to promote your Easter cupcakes!
- Add a photo and description for your Easter cupcakes to the home page on your website so it’s the first thing visitors see when they visit your site.
How many Easter cupcake orders have you had so far?[ad#bottompost]