When you’re sending pretty little cupcakes out to your customers, they aren’t the only things that have to be extra special, the box that they’re in needs to be too.
There are various cupcake box designs available ranging from pink polka dot to custom printed boxes.
However most established cupcake businesses tend to opt for simple plain white boxes and then accessorize them in their own style. We would advise this approach before opting for some expensive custom printed boxes.
Things to Look Out For
There are many sites online selling cupcake boxes however we’d advise not to buy the first cheapest ones that you find, especially if you haven’t been able to test them beforehand.
The presentation of your cupcake boxes needs to be perfect, with cupcake boxes you get what you pay for and cheap boxes can often have many defects which your customers definitely do not want to see such as:
• Glue on the box where it shouldn’t be
• Misty window in the box lid
• Tabs that haven’t been glued properly
• Cuts on the boxes
• Dents in the boxes
Keeping Your Cupcakes Safe
The strength and build quality of cupcake boxes can vary massively depending on where you buy them from. Shop around and test them to find which ones are the strongest and work the best for you.
Your cupcake boxes need to be strong and sturdy otherwise you will have all kinds of problems such as:
• The insert doesn’t stay up allowing the cupcakes to move around in the box
• Base of the box isn’t strong making the entire box flimsy and unstable
• Sides of the box are weak making the lid touch the top of the cupcakes
With a Window or Without?
Cupcake boxes that hold 4, 6 or 12 cupcakes come in 2 different styles, with a window in the top of the lid and without.
Here we’ll break down the pros and cons of each:
Cupcake Box with window
• Cupcakes are visible at first glance
• Box doesn’t need to be opened to see the cupcakes
• Slightly thinner card is used and may be flimsy
Cupcake without window
• Usually made from corrugated card making the box very strong
• Doesn’t show the cupcakes off
• Lid needs to be opened to view the cupcakes
Try both types of box and see which you prefer, you could even offer both types and give your customers the choice.
Which type of cupcake box do you use and prefer? Let us know in the comments below!