Whether you think of your cupcake business name in a few of minutes or a couple of days you should secure your website domain dame asap.
First you need to decide if you would like your website address to end in .co.uk or .com. If you’re running a business in the UK and will only be selling to customers in the UK it will make more sense to buy a domain name ending in .co.uk.
Here are some top tips for choosing your new cupcake business domain name:
• As your cupcake business will be ran from home, the main point of call will be your website. You’ll want your domain name to be as close to your chosen business name as possible, if that isn’t available try adding “cupcakes” to the end of the name so that it’s still relevant to your business
• Try to avoid using hyphens ( – ) in your domain name. This can make it difficult for your customers when they are typing your web address into their web browser eg. home-cupcake-business.co.uk, especially if they are trying to type it from memory
• Check to see if anyone else is using a domain name that is almost identical to yours. You want your domain name to be unique so that customers won’t get confused when using a search engine to find your site
• Make sure that your domain name doesn’t accidentally spell out any unsavoury words once all of the words are pushed together without spaces
• It may sound silly, but make sure you’ve spell checked and typed in the correct name that you would like to purchase. You don’t want to have to pay more than once!
When you’re ready to buy your new website domain name head over to 1&1 and secure it!
Most domain / hosting packages will include email addresses ending with your chosen domain too which are perfect for using with your new business.