It may sound silly, but no matter how much promoting you do and how much traffic you get to your website, if you don’t have contact details easily available to your visitors, you’re not going to make any money!
The whole idea behind having a website for your cupcake business is to make sure people have an easy way to contact you (as well as show off what you have to offer).
Many businesses, not just cupcakes businesses make the mistake of not highlighting their contact details, making it difficult for potential customers to get in touch and make an order. This is something you can’t afford to do.
Tips for Making Your Contact Details Easy to Find
• Make sure people can contact you via both email and phone! If you don’t have an email address that you have readily available to your customers, it’s guaranteed you’re losing sales
• Put your email address and phone number on the home page. Consider having them on every page in the same place as people visiting your website may not necessarily land on the home page first. Having the contact details in the header, footer or sidebar of every page makes it a lot easier for your visitors.
Here’s a perfect example by Crumbs & Doilies
• Make it stand out from everything else on the website, use contrasting colours, bold text etc.
• Put a title / heading above it such as “Get in Touch” or “Contact Us“, this also lets your visitors know what you want them to do on your website
• Instead of only having your email address and phone number, consider placing a contact form for people to fill in and send
• If you only want to have a “Contact” page on your website make sure the link to it is clear and stands out, there’s nothing more frustrating for customers than not being able to easily get in touch with you
Here’s a beautiful example by Cotton & Crumbs
• Have links to your Facebook and Twitter pages making it even easier for customers to get in touch with you
• Link your email address using “mailto:”. When the link is clicked this will make the visitors email program open up ready to email you, eg. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Are your contact details easy for customers to find?